athens synthesis centre
Mission and objectivesThe Institution's overall mission is to develop an integrative training programme and provide clinical services to the Greek public (www.intreatment.gr). It aims to provide trainees with high quality training in accordance with the philosophy and objectives of the European Association for Counselling, British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy, Counselling & Psychotherapy in Scotland (COSCA), European Association for Integrative Psychotherapy, European Association for Psychotherapy, etc.
Its objectives include
-providing continuing education for health professionals
-affiliation with foreign associations, universities, etc. to achieve common goals
-training and consultation in counselling skills, applied to different professionals, etc
Affiliations and codes of professional practice
Athens Synthesis Centre is a member, or validated, or supports of the following organizations and we abide by a formal code of ethics and professional practice in line with their guidance:
• British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
• Counselling & Psychotherapy in Scotland (COSCA)
• European Association for Psychotherapy (EAP)
• European Association of Counselling (EAC)
• European Association of Integrative Psychotherapy (EAIP)
• Greek Association for Counselling (GAC)
• Greek Association of Humanistic-Integrative Therapeutic Counselling and Psychotherapy (GAHITCP)
• National Organization for Psychotherapy of Greece (NOPG)
• United Kingdom Association for Psychotherapy Integration (UKAPI)
• Society for the Exploration of Psychotherapy Integration (SEPI)
Counselling as a profession
Counselling is emerging as a rising profession in Greece and Europe in the 21st century. There is an increasing demand for competent and professional therapists in Greece. By training in counselling through Athens Synthesis Centre you will be better prepared to play a vital role in shaping the therapeutic profession and in ensuring the provision of high quality therapeutic services in the future.
You will then be qualified to practice as a therapeutic counsellor and could seek further training in integrative psychotherapy with the associations with which we are affiliated including our very successful Post–Graduate training in Integrative Psychotherapy.
Athens Synthesis Centre is a European Association for Psychotherapy accredited Training Institute.
For more information please contact us:44 Nikis str. Asimakis, 3rd floor
Athens, 10557 Greece
Tel: (210) 32 100 33 / Fax: (210) 32 100 23